Commis Galley Job Description
- Commis Galley Job Description
- Purpose Statement
- Reports Directly to
- General Responsibilities
- Financial Responsibilities
- Safety Responsibilities
- Education/Position Requirements
- Team Communication and Meetings
- To properly prepare all items required for the daily Menus and special events as instructed by Supervisors and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- To do additional duties in other departments such as stores loading.
- To provide a six star service at all times.
Reports Directly to
- Chef de Partie (Onboard)
- Sous Chef (Onboard)
- Executive Chef (Onboard)
- To follow the Supervisor’s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations.
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (HACCP and all other Port Health Authorities) and to follow proper cleaning procedures accordingly.
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- To report work orders to his/her Supervisor when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every month and to submit it to the Executive Chef in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- To communicate with his/her Supervisor to keep left over food to a minimum in order to keep the food cost at a minimum.
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials and other consumables.
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To properly use Personal Protective Equipment in work areas at all times.
- To practice Safe Lifting Techniques at all times.
- To do In Port Manning duties as scheduled and as required by Company policy.
- To ensure that all equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty.
- To practice Safe/Proper Galley Equipment handling at all times.
- Emergency Duties:
- To follow noted on Safety Card.
- To participate in Guest/Crew Drills as per instructions.
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To attend meetings with the Galley Staff on a daily basis.
- To communicate with Supervisors on a regular basis.
- Professional Chef Certification.
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in a luxury international hotel property as a Cook/Chef de Partie or a minimum experience of two (2) years in the luxury cruise industry as a Cook/Chef de Partie.
- Very good spoken English (needs to score at least 70% in the onboard English proficiency test).
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard HACCP training.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
Apply with Indeed unavailable