- To properly prepare all items required for the daily Menus and special events as instructed by the Sous Chef and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- To provide a six star service at all times.
Reports Directly to
- Sous Chef (Onboard)
- Sous Chefs (Onboard)
- Executive Chef (Onboard)
- To follow the Supervisor’s instructions for Menu plans and daily preparations.
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (HACCP and all other Port Health Authorities) at all times.
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- To report work orders to the Sous Chef when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every month and to submit it to the Sous Chef in a timely manner.
- To adhere to, and to ensure that the Staff in assigned section in the Galley adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- To communicate with the Sous Chef, to keep left over food to a minimum in order to keep the food cost at a minimum.
- To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials and other consumables.
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- To ensure that the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment in assigned section in the Galley and all other food outlets is implemented at all times.
- To ensure that Safe Lifting Techniques are practiced at all times in assigned section in the Galley and all other food outlets.
- To ensure all newly hired Staff in assigned section in the Galley and all other food outlets is instructed on all Safe/Proper Galley Equipment handling and to ensure that Safe/Proper Galley Equipment handling is practiced at all times.
- To do In Port Manning duties as scheduled and as required by Company policy.
- Emergency Duties:
- To follow instructions noted on Safety Card.
- To participate in Guest/Crew Drills as per instructions.
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Team Communication and Meetings
- To attend meetings with the Staff in assigned section in the Galley on a daily basis.
- To communicate with the Sous Chef on a regular basis.
- To encourage and demonstrate good communication, excellent teamwork and continuous training, coaching and counseling.
- College Degree required and/or Professional Chef Certification,
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in a luxury international hotel property as a Cook or a minimum experience of two (2) years in the luxury cruise ship industry as a Cook.
- Very good spoken English (needs to score at least 70% in the onboard English proficiency test).
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard HACCP training. by VV
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
Apply with Indeed unavailable